The following terms (the “Terms”) are the agreement between you (“you”) and the operator of this website (“Freestock”) that defines your and our rights, limitations, and obligations with respect to content licensed from the Freestock website (the “Website”).
"Content" shall refer collectively to all content and each component part thereof (as applicable) made available for license from the Website. The Website may display and/or link to other image or footage content not available for license from Freestock. These other images and footage clips are not Content and not licensed subject to these Terms.
Consideration by Credit Attribution.
In consideration of your use of an Image from Freestock.com you agree that such use must be accompanied by a credit by you to Freestock in substantially one of the following forms:
“Image used under license from Freestock.com” or “Image Source: Freestock.com”.
You further agree that the characters “Freestock.com” included in the credit must be hyperlinked to the Website if the use is distributed or otherwise available via the internet.
Freestock may provide you with sample code to include in connection with such credit. If possible, please use that code.
With a license from Freestock:
YOU MAY modify and use an Image as many times as you’d like, for your own personal or commercial use, in derivative works created by you, around the world, in any medium you prefer, for as long as you need.
Examples of how you may use Images:
[Digital] [Non-Digital Websites and blogs Marketing materials Social Media Product packaging Digital Advertisements Advertisements Point-of-Sale Display collateral In Apps or Software Prints for Personal Use
[The foregoing list is not exhaustive. Unless you see the use prohibited by the following, please consider such use sanctioned by this license.]
HOWEVER, YOU MAY NOT:
- Portray any person depicted in Content in a manner that a reasonable person would find offensive. For instance, Content may not be used in connection with adult oriented content, to advertise tobacco, in connection with a political opinion, or to advertise or promote medical products or services if the depiction implies the model suffers from a particular ailment.
- Use Content in a connection with obscene, defamatory, libelous, immoral, infringing, or illegal subject matter.
- Use "Editorial Use" Content in a commercial context.
- Redistribute Content to other parties except in connection with your own derivative work as permitted by these TOS. For example, you may not make Content available in the context of a "gallery" of Content (whether or not including other content) for use by third parties nor may you share or sell Content via digital marketplaces or through file sharing sites/services.
- Use Content as or as part of a trademark, logo, or similar.
- Represent that any Content was created by anyone other than the copyright holder(s) of that Content.
- Use Content in tangible or digital products intended for resale. For example, you may not use Images in retail merchandise or in digital templates available for sale via the internet.
Freestock expressly disclaims any warranties or representations with regard to the Content, which is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. You hereby agree that the use of Content is at your own risk and you waive Freestock of all liability to you arising from your use of the Content.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by binding arbitration administered under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association or of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution in effect on the date of the commencement of arbitration, rather than in court, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof or having jurisdiction over the relevant party or its assets. The place of arbitration shall be the state and county of New York and the language of the arbitration shall be English. Freestock shall also have the right to commence and prosecute any legal or equitable action or proceeding before any court of competent jurisdiction to obtain injunctive or other relief against you in the event that, in the opinion of Freestock, such action is necessary or desirable.